PSRoots-L Archives

Archiver > PSRoots > 2000-02 > 0950894473

From: <>
Subject: Re: Puget Sound Reservations
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:21:13 -0800 (PST)

Jeanne,

There are quite a few reservations around the Puget Sound Area. There
must be a complete list somewhere. Try the State of Washington's site on
the web.

Here are some I know of: Swinomish near LaConner; Lummi near
Bellingham; Skokomish near Potlatch; Nisqually between Tacoma and
Olympia. Try looking at a WA state map.

My husband tells me his late wife's mother was
Salish-Kootnai (Montana) and was sent to the Government's Chemawa
Indian School in Salem, Oregon, as were Indian children from all over
the Northwest. You might find records there.

Good luck in your search.

Iola

Seeking roots & descendants: SCHUBERT, KUCKUCK, HAUSERMAN, HOUSERMAN,
HUFF. NE & MO. Information to exchange.

This thread: