PSRoots-L Archives

Archiver > PSRoots > 2006-07 > 1152105986

From: "Dot Hosking Huntley" <>
Subject: Pacific Northwest Cornish Society
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 06:26:26 -0700

Did you know that there is a Cornish group in the Pacific Northwest? We meet 3 times a year and we would love to have you visit us at our July 22 meeting in Centralia (details below). I have included a copy of our President's message to the members about the meeting.

Please feel free to visit our website at www.nwcornishsociety.org or email me at

Looking forward to seeing you if at all possible.

Dot Hosking Huntley
in SW Oregon

UPDATE FROM YOUR PRESIDENT
Happy 4th of July to all Cornish American's everywhere. As we celebrate our Independence from England we should remember all the wonderful Cornish people who emigrated to help build our great country. We can do that by getting together three times year to share our heritage and meet our Cornish American cousins and those who are not Cornish but share our interest in all things Cornish. I encourage everyone to search out other Cornish people and bring them to a meeting or give them our web address so they can share our experiences through the written word.

Our next meeting is scheduled for July 22, 2006 at Fort Borst Park in Centralia. This is exit 82 off I-5 at Centralia (you can't miss it, just look for the Evergreen trees). This is our annual meeting which will be a pot luck picnic. I plan on bringing Pastys so bring your appetite there will be plenty to eat. We have the business of voting on our changes to the bylaws which you can view on the website. Dot & I will be presenting a short slide show of our trips to Cornwall. Bonnie LaDoe will be presenting information about identifying and preserving family photos and Bill Marshall will present information on DNA testing, the latest addition to Genealogy research.

Please check out the Cornish Country Store for the new supply of books listed and of course there are still a lot of Flags, Cornish Cups, and Bumper Stickers. I still have T-shirts and Sweatshirts and if I do not have your size I can order them. All of this will be available at the annual meeting. Alene

This thread: