PUERTORICO-L Archives

Archiver > PUERTORICO > 2002-06 > 1024665883

From: "Glorisabel" <>
Subject: Re: Photographs of Puerto Rico
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:37:27 -0400

These pictures bring back so many memories I almost cried. Although I never
got to see this stuff, my mother, who was born in Bayamon and grew up in
Bayamon and San Juan always talked about these things. She passed away six
years ago. I know she would have enjoyed these photos so much!
I remember Cortal (Corta el dolor . . .), Sal de Picot, Refrescos Mambru,
Cataplasmas de Sebo de Flandes, Chinita Pal (a soft drink), Brillantina
Sirena (Que buena es la brillantina, la Brillantina Sirena, cabello corto o
melena . . .),
pilones (lollipops) shaped like little hens, rabbits, hands . . .
My maternal grandfather, whom I never knew, never left the house without his
"sombrero pra-pra".
Thank you for the memories!
Gloria in Puerto Rico