PURDUE-L Archives

Archiver > PURDUE > 2000-07 > 0964147985

From: John Perdue <>
Subject: William Purdy (Perdue)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:53:05 -0500

Looking for information on both the birth & death of William PURDY
(PERDUE)--I seem to have all the information in between:
* came to Chester Co, PA, USA from County Antrim, Ireland (he had a
certificate from the Ballynacree MM dated the 23rd of February 1737 and was
accepted into the Bradford MM during the meeting of April 15 1738)
* married Susanna PIM Headin, a widow, on November 25, 1747 (she was
born in Lackah, Queens, Leinster, Ireland on August 24, 1707, the daughter
of Moses PIM & Ann RAPER)
* together, they had two sons: Folliard Ridge PURDUE, who moved to
Philadelphia and Mentor Pim PERDUE who later moved to Bedford County, VA
(each one seemed to take a different spelling of their last name per future
records)
* William show up on the tax lists of Chester County from
1749-1765. He also apparently did not live the straight & proper life as
per the Bradford MM records throughout 1766, a complaint was raised against
him for drinking liquor to excess & swearing.
Here are my questions:
* I don't have any information on the location & date of his birth--was
it in Ireland or in England as one theory goes (the grandson of a William
PARDOE from Worcester, England, who bought land in Pennsylvania from
William Penn in 1681 that my William eventually settled on). There's more
information available if anyone is interested.
* what are the names of his parents? Did he have any siblings?
* what was the result of the complaint lodged against him by the
Bradford MM? What happened to him after 1766?
* where & when did he die (have not found any information, i.e., wills,
cemeteries, etc.)? Where & when did his wife Susanna die?
If anyone has answers to any of my questions, I would greatly appreciate
hearing from you.

Thanks.

John Perdue
Brookfield (Milwaukee), WI USA