PolandBorderSurnames-L Archives

Archiver > PolandBorderSurnames > 2004-12 > 1103049176

Subject: Baptismal certificates
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:33:02 -0500

Hello, everyone,

My email was formerly , but I couldn't post from that email. Now I have a better account, so I am
going to try to start from the beginning of my research. I am going to need a lot of help. ;)

I have made a webpage of my genealogy, and I'll put it here as a reference only
(http://www.geocities.com/jaszewska/Genealogy/Family/MyGenealogy.htm). I am going to be a good girl and just start off
with my paternal grandfather and grandmother.

My parents gave me photocopies of their "Testimonium ortus et baptismi," which I assume is not the actual baptismal
certificate, but just a verification of the facts.

Bronislaw Jaszewski
Diocese: Leopolicusis, Trembowla (which is near Ternopol)
Parochia: Strusow (What does this mean?)
Polonia

He was baptised on the 3rd of March, 1901.
the minister's name is on the document, and he was baptised as a Roman Catholic. I assume "legitimi" means he was
legitimate. :)

Under the "parents" information is the following (which is hard for me to read):

Joannes Jaszewski
agricola nobilis
filius Ignatii
nobilis agricola
et Marcelae Lomnicka;
Sophia Lomnicka
fils Joannis agrico
lae nobilis et
Theclae Kraciiska

Now, I know from my parents that his parents names were Jan Jaszewski and Sophia Lomnicki (Lomnicka), and my grandfather
was married to Albina Krupcala (who I will elaborate on in another email). Jan's father was Ignace. What is Jan's wife's
name?

There is more to the certificate, but if someone could help me nail down exactly what it means so far I will be
grateful.

Thanks,

Karen Jaszewski

This thread: