PolandBorderSurnames-L Archives

Archiver > PolandBorderSurnames > 2005-01 > 1105546178

From: "Joe Pufahl" <>
Subject: (PBS) Pufahl
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:09:38 -0500

Hi Everyone
I am new to the list! So let me first start with my name first. My name is Joseph Pufahl. I am 65 years old and I live in Saginaw Michigan. I am researching my family name Pufahl. I have been looking for the birthplace and family of my grandfather Wilhelm Martin Pufahl for many years and have no luck in finding it. The only document I have here in the US is a Naturalization paper and he said he was born in Posen Germany on the 17th day of November 1854. I have found him on the passenger list of the England May 23 1881.They came from Bremen Germany to New York. There were 4 of them traveling together, John Floerke (Wilhelm Pufahl brother-in-law) Julian possible Hatzke and Mikl. possible Michael Hatzke. They came directly to Saginaw Michigan. I know all the information on him here but I can get no place on him or family in Posen Germany. His sister Pauline Pufahl also came to Saginaw Mich. In her obituary it says she was married to John Floerke in Wronke Germany in 1879. I hav!
e a couple of documents of the family in Posen in the area of Schneidmule.They were gotten by the family in 1939. One is on my Great-grandfather Joseph Pufahl Baptism in Rose November 22,1848. Another document of Joseph Pufahl died 28 November 1883 at Radolin. It also says his father Martin Pufahl died at Krummlich-Hutte, no date. Also a birth certificate for a Hedwig Pufahl born 8 March 1890 in Romanshof. Her Mother and father were August and Johanna Pufahl. August Pufahl is also a brother to Wilhelm Martin Pufahl. The family is all Catholic. I have been searching the records from the LDS library and have found none of the family there. The names in the family I am looking for are Pufahl, Badur, Hohensee, Krenz,Hoefft, Hatzke.
Any help or direction of where and how to look would sure be appreciated. Thanks everyone in advance.
Joe Pufahl
Saginaw Michigan

This thread: