QBC-MONTREAL-L Archives

Archiver > QBC-MONTREAL > 2004-01 > 1074541850

From: "The Mathers" <>
Subject: [MONTREAL] SHAWBRIDGE BOYS' FARM
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:51:48 -0500

I'm wondering if someone can give me some information on the boys' farm north of Montreal in Shawbridge for underprivileged and wayward boys. I have searched the internet and found one site which mentioned that this facility was first sponsored by the Rotary Club of Toronto and Montreal beginning in 1917. I would imagine that it now comes under the umbrella of one of Quebec's government offices if indeed it is still in existence.

My husband had a relative who worked at the farm as a cook in the early 1940's and I am wondering where I could write to get information on him.

Dorothy Mather
Ottawa

This thread: