QUAKER-BRITISH-ISLES-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-BRITISH-ISLES > 2007-11 > 1195628280

From: "Cornelia Warner" <>
Subject: [Q-B-I] Holders of Holderness
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 22:58:00 -0800

I have an early Holder marriage in my tree, and just stumbled across a book titled

"Holders of Holderness: A History and Genealogy of the Holder Family with Especial Reference to Christopher Holder, Pioneer Quaker Minister in New England, 1656"

the marriage is thus;

Katherine Cross
b. 10 Jul 1694 Woodbridge, Suffolk, England
m. abt 1720 in England
unknown Holder

I find Katherine often visiting her brother, Joseph Cross and his wife, Margaret Willett, of Bull and Mouth meeting, but she returned to Woodbridge and died there in 1764.

now, obviously Christopher is earlier, and he came to America, but does anyone have access to this book to see if there's a reference to Katherine in it?

if not, can someone help me find her marriage? I didn't see it at either Woodbridge MM or Bull and Mouth MM. may have overlooked it, but I think I looked pretty carefully.

it is available at Abebooks.com, but my finances are such that I won't purchase a genealogy book unless I know for certain it is connected to my family and is affordable....

thanks in advance...

This thread: