QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1996-10 > 0846437380

From: Bill Acuff <>
Subject: Re: Help!
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 09:29:40 -0800

I'm not sure, but it may turn out that many scanned pages will create a
space problem because anything other then a text file takes up a lot of
space, and I assume that old letters and documents contain a lot of script.
If I am correct, and the scanning project is not practical, then it might be
sensible to type copies of everything and put it into text files. From what
I have seen, this Quaker list has many participants willing to help out and
the work can be shared by many, myself included. I also have a flatbed
scanner for making text files.

At 09:57 AM 10/27/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Pat,
>
>Thanks for volunteering the scanner!! Anyone else out there have equipment
>that can be used to help facility the project? Also, how about other
>documents that can be scanned and made available. Don't limit you
>imagination..... Do you have family Bible records that you would be willing
>to share with other Quaker-Rooters, etc.
>
>For all records scanned and made available please notify myself and at least
>Joanne and Katie. I think it important that we keep some kind of indexing or
>cataloging of what we have available. Hopefully we will come up with a way
>for each individual to update the index themselves.
>
>Trisha Wilson

><< K. Bond suggested scanning the letters which Paul has and posting them to
> web page. I think that is an excellent idea. I have a scanner which I
> would be glad to use to aid in posting this or other material to Quaker
> Corner or some other appropriate web page, if someone would like to send me
> copies of material to scan. If you have such material, please Email me
> privately, and I will tell you where to send it by snail mail. This
> applies only to material which it would not be illegal to copy and post, of
> course!
>
> Pat Grout ( or )

Wm. F. (Bill) Acuff ***********
Searching: ACUFF (TN); AULT (PA & TN); BALDWIN (IN); BARKER (CT); BENEDICT
(CT & OH); CARDER (TN); CUNNYNGHAM (TN); COLE (MA); CURVIN (SC & NC);
EARLYWINE (OH); EASTERBROOK (MA); GREGORY (CT); HIATT (IN); LOCKE (TN);
LUTHER (MA); MEYER (MO); MOORE (KA); O'NEIL (VT); OSSENKOP (MO); RENNE (MO);
SHAW (PA & OH); SMITH (TN); VAN TASSEL (NY); WRIGHT (IN & OH).

This thread: