QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1997-07 > 0870027993

From: Gary F. Presson< >
Subject: STUBBS/NIEST(NEAST)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 13:26:33 CDT

Thomas STUBBS, b. ca 1695, Worcestershire, England, son of Daniel and
Mary ("Niest") STUBBS, d. 1763, Chester Co. PA and m. Mary MINOR, who
was dau of John and Esther (UBRUM or UTRUM) MINOR of Kennett, PA
MM.

Do any of you have any good information regarding the correct spelling of
the
two surnames in question? "Niest" and "Ubrum"

Mary "Niest" may have been the dau of Thomas and Joane NEAST of England.
Complications regarding this couple being that there appear to be records
indicating TWO couples of that name are buried in two locations..
Chaceley Parish and also Glouchester, England. Perhaps these are one and
the same? And help on this would be appreciated.

We think Mary "Neist" was married twice before she married Daniel STUBBS,
but we don't know if Daniel had previous wives.

Also...Who was "William Attmore" or "Attemore"? He supposedly
chronicalled some of the STUBBS genealogy...when, where, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any light that any of you may be able to shed on
these questions, or pointing us to some good sources.

Gary and Mary Lee Presson
Wichita, KS USA

This thread: