QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1998-09 > 0904912664

From: "Paul Redden" <>
Subject: Re: hinshaw cd query
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 08:37:44 -0400

I have purchased the Hinshaw CD. It is fairly well done with readable
scanned images of the pages and a seperate linked index like their other
CDs. It does not have any hypertext links within the text but I don't
really see this as a disadvantage. The index includes first names unlike
the index of the book series and it also covers all volumes making it
easier to find your relatives. The one drawback still tends to be the
inability to print pages directly but this is less a limitation on this
disk than on others they have as you probably won't want to read multiple
page sections at a time. You can still cut and paste single pages into
other applications where they can be printed.

Paul Redden
http://users.inna.net/~redden
for high resolution US Census microfilms on CD for easy home viewing and
printing visit
http://www.digital-antiquities.com/census.htm