QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1998-09 > 0905046028

From: <>
Subject: confused Cox / Shirley descendant
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 21:40:28 EDT

My Cox ancestry mostly confuses me.

The most recent is Elizabeth Cox bc1809 KY d 1876 Lecompton KS. She married
Isaac Shirley c 1828 perhaps in TN. Isaac Shirley is s/o Moses and Nancy Dale
Shirley.

her parents are listed as John and Hannah Cox. Jean Burns wrote in '93 :
"We think John died in Shelby County, Illinois, and Hannah died in Moultree
County IL. I don't have dates on them and figure they are about as bad as
trying to trace my Miller and Meyers/Meier ancestors. I also don't have a
maiden name for Hannah.

Then I have Milton Cox who married Sarah "Sally" Shirley 12/22/1833.
Sarah/Sally is a d/o Moses and Nancy Dale Shirley and was probably born about
1818 in KY.

I figure the odds are that Milton Cox and Elizabeth Cox are kin, but I don't
have enough information to even prove that.

Does anybody recognize these Coxes? Are they perchance the same John and
Hannah everybody else has been talking about?

Jan T

This thread: