QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1998-09 > 0905107629

From: "Mark Roberts" <>
Subject: Miller in PA
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 13:47:09 -0500

I am attempting to find out info about the family of Emily Miller who
married Roderick Bird around 1845 in Greenfield, PA (now Coal Center) in
the Presbyterian Church by Rev. William E. Post. I have not found any
marriage record yet, and have not been able to find any info about her
parents or ancestry. After moving to IL in the mid-1850's and then moving
back to the area after the war and the death of Roderick, I have been told
by elderly relatives of mine that they lived in the area around
Brownsville, PA. Originally I think the Miller family may have been in
Carmichaels, Waynesburg, or California, PA. (The counties are very close
together--Fayette, Greene, Washington, and Westmoreland). I also have been
told that the family was Quaker for many years after the Civil War and then
became Presbyterian by the end of the last century. Some or all of this may
be true about their religious affiliation.
I would like to know if there may be any MM minutes that would clarify the
Miller family and the surname Bird for Emily's children and her as a widow,
perhaps in Brownsville or the area. Please email to my address if there may
be a possible connection. I have not seen any Hinshaw info about this yet.
Many Thanks, Mark Roberts.

This thread: