QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1998-09 > 0905352169

From: <>
Subject: Sandy Hill
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 10:42:49 EDT

I recently visited Sandy Hill Cemetery, Menallen Twp, Fayette Co, near New
Salem, PA. Several of my ancestors (Joseph Woodward, wife Hope Shotwell,
children, brothers and sisters) are buried there. I was able to make out
some of the graves but others were too worn. How would I find out more about
who was buried in Sandy Hill? Would someone have a record of graves? There
was evidence of recent burial. The sign on the fence indicates it is a Quaker
Cemetery established in 1819. Joseph Woodward came from Chester Co to Fayette
Co with brothers Caleb, John, Joshua, and sisters Ann and Elizabeth. He
bought land and lived in Fayette Co where he died in 1856. Sandy Hill Union
Church is adjacent but is not listed in the New Salem church list. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Linda Smit

This thread: