QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1998-09 > 0905958101

From: Jeanne Lloyd <>
Subject: Thomas Lloyd of Pennsylvania
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:01:41 -0400

Nice to be back on-line after ten days of a computer shut down! Can
anyone verify one or the other of these Pennsylvania (?) marriages that
hopefully led to my John Lloyd and Susanna Field?

(1) THOMAS LLOYD b. 3/8/1697/98, in Moreland Township, Philadephia, d.
12/29/1781, m. MARY HARKER, 3/14/1723/24, dt. of Adam Harker,

***OR***

(2) THOMAS LLOYD , m. MARY ELGAR, March 6, 1766 in Birmingham Mtg.?
(Where is Birmingham?)

I am looking for the parents of John Lloyd of Moreland Township,
Philadelphia County, PA m. Susanna Field. Their issue: John Lloyd
February 09, 1759, rec. of Abingdon MM, buried with wife Mercy Baldwin,
at Short Creek burial ground. Their issue: Isaac Lloyd m. Ruth Harrison
m. December 02, 1818 at Mt. Pleasant, OH, Short Creek MM.

I've found a lot of information on Gov. Thomas Lloyd, but cannot connect
him to my John through his wife Patience Storey. I've also combed the
Quaker Encyclopedia by Hinshaw. But can't quite make this connection.
Can't really tell when a Thomas Lloyd is actually connected to a John
Lloyd through the meeting notes. So am looking for other Thomas' with
other wives . . .

Thanks - any help appreciated.

Jeanne

This thread: