QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1998-09 > 0906513522

From: <>
Subject: Thank you
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 21:18:42 EDT

Hi. I just joined this list this morning, but I have already learned an
incredible amount!! The people on this list are so helpful!!

I want to thank everyone who responded to my question about the year 1682 and
Burlington County, NJ. You are all very kind.

I have two more questions.

Were there Irish Quakers? Was that common? Were there any who settled in
Burlington County, NJ?

Next, did the Quakers ever fight in the Revolutionary War? My SILVERs were
supposedly Quakers when they came to the colonies abt. 1682, yet I found war
records for two of them. Does that make sense? I also found info. that
suggests they were Baptists by the mid 1800's.

I'd appreciate any responses to these questions. Thanks.

Beth

This thread: