Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1998-09 > 0906610704

From: Thomas Moore <>
Subject: Conard/Conrad - Montgomery County, PA
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 00:18:24 -0400

I received this from a cousin who is not a subscriber to this list. I
hope someone may be able to help.

>There are several Cornelius Conrad/Conards. All descend from Madtis
Conders, the
>second son of Thones Kunders, and the name goes back to a Cornelius
Tyson, an ancestor.

>The Norristown one was born 13 Jun 1783, son of Samuel and Hannah
>Conard/Conrad. He wed Hannah Shoemaker, 10 Mar 1809 at Horsham MM,
>Montgomery Co. He was a miller in Upper Dublin twp. Cornelius is said

to have
>lived 84 years and probably died in Norristown. Hannah, wife, died
about 1843 &
>they had eleven children, :
> William, 11 Mar 1810---NEED
> Charles, 10 Sep 1811--NEED
> Phebe W., 25 Sep 1813-1 Jun 1900, unmd, bur Upper Dublin
> Samuel, 17 Sep 1815-NEED wife named Willamina, m c1842
> James, 18 Jan 1816, Horsham, NEED, wife named Margaret
> Jesse, 22 Mar 1820, Horsham, NEED
> Isaac, 27 Feb 1822, Horsham m Rachel Styer, have family; took CONRAD
as spelling
> Hannah, 17 Jan 1825, Horsham-7 Jan 1894, unmd, bur Upper Dublin
> Elizabeth, 6 May 1827, Upper Dublin, may have m Eli Dresher
> Cornelius III, 3 Sep 1829--had six sons, all used CONARD, partial
> Violetta, 11 Jan 1836, Upper Dublin, prob. d. young as is not in '50

>Cornelius Conard II married again, about 1845, to an Elizabeth, b c1797

and is
>believed to have had no issue by this marriage.

>Census records show the Cornelius family as Cornelius Conard, 1810
Upper Dublin
>twp, 1820, Cornelius Conard, Horsham twp. Do not have 1830 but in 1840

>Dublin and 1850, same, p 56

>The son Charles, my most of interest, married out of unity by 1838. It

is from this Charles that I >hope to connect the small CUNERD family and

I am hoping that this Charles can be found as >marrying an Elizabeth
----about 1837, him dying soon. She is found in the 1850 census of
>Upper Merion twp., Montgomery Co., with a 13 year old son, Charles
Conard and
>another family, her name being then Elizabeth CARNAHAN.

>On Film #25981, Part 3, Horsham Monthly Meeting Records Charles S.
>was reported as married out of unity 1 Aug 1838, an offering was
accepted on
>22 Aug 1838 (what this means I am not sure, but I found no further
record of him).

First, what did they mean when they said "an offering was accepted" ?

Second, does anyone have any other information on these Conard/Conrads,
especially Charles?

Thank you very much for any help you may be able to provide.

Take care.
Tom Moore

Moore Hope for the Future
Genealogy, Fresh Ideas for the New Millenium
You can also contact me through ICQ "http://wwp.mirabilis.com/11735299&quo

This thread: