QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1998-09 > 0906911273

From: <>
Subject: GUILFORD Records/Ann-Nancy COOPER/NEWELL
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 11:47:53 EDT

I have finally located a record through Marsha McWilliams that lists my DUFF
ancestor as a Guilford County private in the Revolutionary War. Does anyone
know the e-mail address for Jack Purdue or the technologist at the Guilford
College Library?

Also, my great (ggg) grandfather's third wife was Ann-Nancy COOPER. I will
also look at the Quaker website, but does anyone out there recognize this
rather commen name? She married William MANLOVE. They supposedly had two
daughters, but I find record of only one- Sarah-Sally MANLOVE who married
Isaac HIATT s/o Enos HIATT.

William had TWO Sarahs (one by his first marriage to Hannah ROBINSEN) who
married Phillip HORNEY) and supposedly two Elizabeths. I know there was an
Elizabeth from his marriage to Hannah (whi I think must have died early, but I
suspect that the second Elizabeth was actually a daughter of second wife
Elizabeth NEWELL- Elizabeth MANLOVE 12-25-1778 who married Isaac WHEALDON.

As to the NEWELL name, I have not found any in the Delaware Archives of Wills.
I am wondering if he met her in Guilford, as I have come across many NEWELLS
after the Manloves arrived in Guilford.

I will be so grateful when I can get back to the history library and do some
more active research. Linda

This thread: