QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1998-09 > 0907192141

From: "Seth and/or BJ Hinshaw" <>
Subject: Re: Stillwater Friends Meeting
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 17:49:01 -0400

My wife and I are members at Stillwater Friends Meeting.

The Meeting House in use today is the Ohio Yearly Meeting House,
and was built in 1877-1878. There is a sketch of the penultimate
meeting house (built 1812 & lengthened in 1823 for Quarterly
Meeting) in the Stanton book.

There were also some marriages at Stillwater before 1808. Among
them were:

Samuel Berry and Mary Hodgin 10-1-1806
Dempsey Boswell and Mary Middleton 9-26-1804
Jacob Croy and Susannah Bayly 10-28-1807
Jesse Dawson and Elizabeth Doudna 9-30-1807

Seth

There were others, which can be found in EAQG vol. 4 under
Concord MM.