QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1999-01 > 0917588017

From: Thomas Moore <>
Subject: Re: Lukens-Moore
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 00:33:37 -0500

Hi Dorcas and Violet,

Although I'm not a descendant of this couple, they are part of one of my (so far)
collateral Moore lines. Prior to your posting I had no information on their children,
but I do have information on Mary's ancestry. My data comes from Historical Collections
of Gwynedd and from the Hannah Moore Levick Manuscript Collection at Swarthmore College.

> Subject: Lukens-Moore
> Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:43:07 EST
>
> Parry Lukens, b. 7 Sept. 1785, m. Mary Jackson Moore, born 7 July 1786. He
> died in 1829. Mary died 20 Jan. 1868, Philadelphia. Family resided
> Montgomery Co., PA. Children- Jane; Henry Moore; Thomas; Harriet C.; Richard
> Moore; Priscilla Ann; Parry; Margaret; Allen; Charles; and William. Would
> like to hear from descendants of these children. Thanks, Dorcas

Family Group Sheet

Husband: Henry MOORE
Born: 29 May 1753 in:
Died: 1829 in: Lancaster County, PA
Father: Mordecai MOORE
Mother: Elizabeth COLEMAN

Wife: Priscilla Hill JACKSON
Married: in:
Born: in:
Died: 1821 in:
Father: Dr. John JACKSON
Mother: Mary HILL

M Child 1 Mordecai MOORE
Born: in:
Died: in:
Spouse: Margaret MERRICK
Married: in:
F Child 2 Mary MOORE
Born: in:
Died: in:
Spouse: Perry LUKENS
Married: in:
M Child 3 Samuel Preston MOORE
Born: in:
Died: in:
Spouse: Elizabeth M. JACKSON
Married: in:
F Child 4 Elizabeth MOORE
Born: in:
Died: in:
Spouse: Joseph FUSSELL
Married: in:
F Child 5 Martha MOORE
Born: in:
Died: in:
Spouse: Solomon FUSSELL
Married: in:
M Child 6 Charles MOORE
Born: in:
Died: in:
Spouse: Dinah HAWLEY
Married: in:
M Child 7 Richard MOORE
Born: 20 Apr 1794 in:
Died: 30 Apr 1875 in:
Spouse: Sarah FOULKE b. 10 Jan 1796 d. 25 Oct 1852
Married: 7 Jan 1819 in:

Family Group Sheet

Husband: Mordecai MOORE
Born: in:
Died: 31 Jul 1800 in: Montgomery Square, PA
Father: Richard MOORE
Mother: Margaret PRESTON

Wife: Elizabeth COLEMAN
Married: in:
Born: in:
Died: in:
Father: Joseph COLEMAN

F Child 1 Hannah MOORE
Born: in:
Died: in:
Spouse: Charles Wilson PEALE
Married: 1805 in:
F Child 2 Margaret MOORE
Born: 14 Nov 1740 in:
Died: in:
Spouse: Daniel JONES
Married: in:
F Child 3 Mary MOORE
Born: 13 Sep 1743 in:
Died: in:
Spouse: Jonathan DICKERSON
Married: in:
Spouse: William HESTON
Married: in:
M Child 4 Richard MOORE
Born: 2 Oct 1745 in:
Died: 1829 in:
Spouse: Letitia EVANS
Married: in:
M Child 5 Samuel Preston MOORE
Born: 10 Jul 1747 in:
Died: in:
F Child 6 Rachel MOORE
Born: 1749 in:
Died: in:
Spouse: Samuel MORRIS
Married: in:
F Child 7 Deborah MOORE
Born: 1751 in:
Died: in:
Spouse: Richard Blackburn JACKSON
Married: in:
M Child 8 Henry MOORE
Born: 29 May 1753 in:
Died: 1829 in: Lancaster County, PA
Spouse: Priscilla Hill JACKSON d. 1821
Married: in:

Family Group Sheet

Husband: Dr. John JACKSON
Born: in:
Died: in: England
Father: Dr. John JACKSON
Mother: Jane BLACKBURN

Wife: Mary HILL
Married: in:
Born: in:
Died: in:
Father: Levin HILL
Mother: Elizabeth HOPKINS

F Child 1 Priscilla Hill JACKSON
Born: in:
Died: 1821 in:
Spouse: Henry MOORE b. 29 May 1753 d. 1829
Married: in:
M Child 2 Richard Blackburn JACKSON
Born: in:
Died: in:
Spouse: Deborah MOORE b. 1751
Married: in:
M Child 3 John JACKSON
Born: in:
Died: in: at sea
M Child 4 Levin Hill JACKSON
Born: in:
Died: in: Drowned Chesepeake Bay
F Child 5 Elizabeth JACKSON
Born: in:
Died: in:

I hope this helps. I have the Jackson and Moore lines going back several more
generations, and the Moore line here ties in with that of Thomas Lloyd, Deputy Governor
of Pennsylvania under William Penn. The Lloyd line ties in a number of generations back
with the British royalty. Although it's one of my collateral lines, it's been one of the
most fascinating to study.

Take care.
Tom Moore
--

Moore Hope for the Future Research Services
http://www.moorehope.com

This thread: