QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 1999-07 > 0933347040

From: "Hill, Thomas C." <>
Subject: RE: Location of Piney Woods Meeting
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 99 10:04:00 -0500

This posting shows the importance of researchers' knowing the nearby
counties (which I frequently do not). Hope Stanley's post confirms that the
FUM branch is still in Perquimans County, where my database lists it. I
show the Conservative branch of Piney Woods MM last met in Chowan County
(along its eastern edge by Perquimans County). A North Carolina Friend
showed me this on a map of the area some years ago, and as I recall there
was a third North Carolina county nearby where some preparative meetings had
once been.

Tom Hill