QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2000-02 > 0949556677

From: "Mary Alice Thomas" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Marriage Customs - Part 2 - Some comments
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 21:44:37 -0800

We should all thank Jerry for his series of posts on this subject. I have
found them most interesting. Those who would criticize are trying to apply
today's standards to 17th and 18th century lives and times.

If you have not read any Quaker Minutes, I would suggest that you do so. It
will give you an insight into what made your antececents tick. When I first
began researching some 20 plus years ago I read an article which stated that
anyone doing Quaker research should be prepared to find their family
skeletons as they are recorded there for all to read.

Mary Alice

This thread: