QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2000-11 > 0973231653

From: Stan Prentice <>
Subject: [Q-R] Folgers
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 22:07:33 -0800

Dan Treadway wrote:

> Along these lines, does anyone know if the Folger's coffee people
> are connected to the Folgers who lived on Nantucket?

I don't have specifics, but I recall many years ago reading in a book on

the history of Nantucket that the Nantucket Folgers are, indeed the
founders of the coffee company. In fact, the Folgers Co. owned the
ships that were beset upon in the famous Boston Tea Party. It was
apparently after that event that the family decided to trade in coffee
instead of tea. I can't site names and sources. This is just my memory

of something read more than 10 years ago.

Prentice Stanley

This thread: