QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2001-06 > 0993581906

Subject: [Q-R] Quakers in the Carolinas
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:58:26 EDT

My wife & I recently returned from a weeklong seminar, Quakers in the
Carolinas, at Guilford College in Greensboro, North Carolina. We had a
fantastic time. The guest speakers included among others Tom Hamm & the
topics ranged from history to discipline & culture. We were allowed access to
the archives & we found several of the actual supporting entries behind the
brief Hinshaw notes. It gave a more complete background to these events.
Several field trips to museums & meetinghouses helped to complete the picture
of how my ancestors lived & worshipped. I would highly recommend this for
anyone with Quaker ancestors in the Carolinas or elsewhere. If you want to be
on the mailing list for next year drop a note to Sarah Beth Terrell at
Guilford ().

This thread: