QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2001-08 > 0997141746

From: "Amy Crump" <>
Subject: [Q-R] Thomas Brown who married Ruth Large
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 19:49:06 -0400

I'm researching Thomas Brown who married Ruth Large Buckingham MM in Bucks
CO, on August 3, 1723. There seems to be a good indication that he was
indentured prior to his marriage. He was received into membership at
Buckingham having "produced a recommendation in writing from under his
master & mistress hands of his faithful servitude".

My question is this. Do any of the researchers of this family have any
information that Thomas Brown's family was in this country before 1680?
There are cousins who are publishing this as fact, but so far, I see no
evidence to support this. Have I missed something?
Amy

This thread: