QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2002-02 > 1013331380

From: "James L. Stokes" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Re: Andrew McCoy
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:56:20 -0500

Hi Doug,
Your reference is correct, when they say "married out of the Friends" they
mean Andrew was disowned for marrying out of the meeting, usually to a
non-Quaker. You can check meeting records for the disownment to see if his
father is listed or to see if his birth is recorded at that meeting.

Jim

--

Conestoga Area Historical Society Web Page =-= Stokes Family Web Page
http://www.rootsweb.com/~pacahs/index.htm =-= http://home.supernet.com/~jlstokes

This thread: