QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2003-02 > 1045104326

Subject: Re: [Q-R] Wright/Haworth--Ohio to IN
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:45:26 EST

In a message dated 2/12/03 7:49:46 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

that she had several abcestors (WRIGHT and HAWORTH being two of them) who
migrated from Ohio to Indiana in the early 1800's..... there were 15
families that lived on 15 miles of military land in Clinton County, Ohio
that had to leave their land due to a flaw in the deed, They all moved to
Indiana. She is wondering if anyone knows the surnames of these 15
families.......>>
<< It so happens that I have been loaned a copy of an old history: HISTORY
OF RANDOLPH COUNTY, INDIANA, by E. Tucker (Chicago: A. L. Kingman, 1882).
On page 92 there is an account by Solomon Wright, an early settler in
Randolph County, Indiana who was eighty years old at the time of narrating
the following: >>

Thanks, Herbert, for sharing this info. I was born & raised in Randolph Co,
near Lynn, IN--which is the location of the old Cherry Grove Meeting. I even
have a copy of the Tucker History you were quoting, but I had never heard
this story.

Joyce

This thread: