QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2003-04 > 1049809696

From: Tom Hamm <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Quaker/Indian Marriages(?)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 08:56:13 -0800

I've wondered about this myself. I've found a few Virginia/North
Carolina Quaker families, such as the Brays and Hubbards, with
traditions of Indian ancestry. The ancestor, however, is before the
family became Friends. I have not found any record of a Friend
marrying an Indian before 1850. I'd also be interested in knowing if
anyone has found such a case.

T Hamm