QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2003-04 > 1050015523

From: Judy Ardine <>
Subject: [Q-R] New Sweden
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:00:25 -0400

Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:15:00 -0400 "Kay Lamb" <> asked:

> .... Can you tell me where New Sweden was? Was it in Delaware or
>Maryland?

I "believe" that New Sweden was mostly what is now New Castle cnty, DE but
quite likely included a good share of the Delaware Bay and River area and
heavily into the eastern end of what is now Delaware cnty, PA but would
have been Chester cnty, PA back then. And Cecil cnty, MD may have had a
good number of Swedes as well. I can't really say.

This thread: