QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2004-05 > 1084724637

From: "Baber" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Free Quaker Burial Ground
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 12:23:57 -0400

Mark,
Do you have any more info or leads to Timothy Matlack?? My family name is
Warrick, I am the grgranddaughter of Margaret Wills Coles, and one of my
ancestors is a Matlack, as a matter of fact, my father worked with a cousin
of his whom we visited, and we always just called him "Matlack"- I don't
ever remember hearing his first name!

Maggie (my grgrandmother) and most of her relatives are of course, buried at
Colestown Cemetery in Evesham (now Cherry Hill) on Kings Highway. I don't
live in N.J. now, but I plan to go to Colestown Cemetery when I visit this
summer, to record some info from the headstones.

As a child, I was always told that her grandmother was Francis Curtis (of
the "book" Curtis'--not the candy family). We are also related to
Lippincott's (the publishing) and that they were from Philadelphia. My
grandfather Raymond Coles Warrick, hailed from Burlington County
(Hartford-now in Mt. Laurel)...they were married into the Haines's, Walton's
and way back, Sara French in Moorestown.

All of the preceding leads me to believe that the Matlack you mention, may
be a cousin of my grgrgrandmother. Any info or pointing me in a direction
would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Amie