QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2005-02 > 1109250855

From: "Jerry Richmond" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Thornburg, Heiss
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:14:15 -0600

List -
To add to what Tom Hamm had to say, and to contibute further
to the ancestry of a great Quaker scholar, Willard Heiss:

Isaac William Thornburg, b.4 Dec 1822, OH; son of Isaac Thornburg (1773- ?)
&

Rebeccas Hodgson (1773-1832)
d.11 Jun 1899, Randolph co,IN
Marr. 10 May 1843, Cabin Creek MH, under auspices of Dunkirk
Anti-Slavery MM, Randolph co,IN
Rhoda Lamb, 16 Oct 1826, Wayne co,IN; dau of Hosea Lamb
(1790-1857) &

Mary Cook (1800-1877)
d.14 Mar 1895, Randolph co,IN
-Dunkirk/Cabin Creek (A-S) MM was discontinued in 1856 & members reverted to
Sparrow Creek/Poplar Run (Orthodox) MM
-------------
Restore Thornburg, 24 Mar 1851, Randlph co,IN; son of above;
d.17 Jun 1934, Randolph co,IN
Marr. abt 1876, Randolph co,IN
Annette Cox, b. 1 Jul 1857; dau of Simeon Cox (c1830- ?) &

Rosanna Hiatt (1831-1912)
d. 9 Jun 1934, Randolph co,IN
-------------
Simeon Cox, b.abt 1830, Randolph co,IN; son of John Cox (1802- ?) &

Hepsa Hiatt (1808- ?)
Marr. 15 Aug 1850, Randolph co,IN
Rosanna Hiatt, b.13 Sep 1831, Randolph co,IN; dau of Richard
Hiatt (1808-1860) &

Charlotte Coats (1812-1888)
Hepsa Hiatt was dau of Zachariah Hiatt (1779- ? ) & Anna Coffin (1777- ?)
and not closely
related to Rosanna Hiatt

Regards, Jerry Richmond
You are cordially invited to visit "The Quaker Collection"
http://home.sprynet.com/~jrichmon/qkrcoll.htm