QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2006-09 > 1159181995

From: "Violet O. Guy" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] William Stanton Perry, of South Kingston, RI (1799-1862)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 06:59:55 -0400

Katherine:

http://www.newenglandancestors.org/
New England Historic Genealogical Society

NEHGS sold me:
"Early Vital Records: Barnstable, Dukes & Nantucket Counties Massachutstts"
in about 1850", by Search-Research. We then installed it right on to my
computer in order to make it more managable. There is a lot of Plymouth, MA
material on this CD.

http://www.sturgislibrary.org/
Sturgis Library, Barnstable, MA.

My son & I have done walk-in research at this Sturgis Library, Barnstable,
and at the public library in East Lyme, Barnstable Co., MA. STURGIS has a
Genealogy Room. Sturgis Library is housed in the oldest library building,
still still in extistance in America. It has been awhile since I was there;
but Jeff has a time-share in Falsmouth and goes every year.
(We have COFFIN & Allied Families, Nantucket Island and Martha's Vineyard,
and of course, Barnstable County (SEARS, PADDOCK & others.)!

As for STANTONs, I use:
http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=lanastl
Chesebrough on Rootsweb World Connect
(Lists sources.)

http://www.chesebro.net/
The Chesebrough home page.

Larry Chesbro' Chesbro'is a registered name.
http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Ectnewlon/Surnames6.html -- page 6 for New London
Co., CT.

Westerly RI is just across the border from Stonington, CT.

ENJOY!!!

Violet Moore Guy

o9/25/2006