QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2008-05 > 1209754076

From: Sue Danielson <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] family not associated with my Quaker ancestors
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 11:47:56 -0700

Hi,
I, on the other hand , am a new subscriber to this list and find it very
helpful(from participation on a similar list)when people respond with
valuable information to the whole group. It allows us to see what sources
are available and perhaps catch information we did not anticipate. It is
easy to delete email without even opening it if one does not want to deal
with the subject. Some personal family information may be only sent to
"persons who are interested only in certain families". However, if that is
done too much the list will perhaps lose some of its "spirit of
helpfulness" and valuable sources of information for new researchers could
be lost.

Sincerely,
Sue Danielson

At 10:28 AM 5/2/2008 -0500, Bill and Melba Akason wrote:

>Members of Quaker Roots:
> I have been receiving four to five emails from people whose families
were Quaker who could send this material to the one or two persons who are
interested in these families. I am ready to take my name of from this list
because of the extraneous material that I receive. Melba Mendenhall Akason