QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2008-06 > 1214327091

From: "Cathy Raber" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] My Ancestor
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:04:51 -0400

Phillis, May I make a suggestion that I've found works in the subject line,
in case your new, & we were all new once, into genealogy & not knowing the
"way to do it".
Put your ancestor after My ancestor "John Coleman" for instance, so you can
perhaps get some response, because we all know we want Response, ok?!
Some people just look at that & delete it if there's no Surname in the
Subject line.

I truly appreciate all the info given by members of this list. Good luck,
Cathy

family and we cannot come up with where he came from before Bucks Co. He
was born in Wales or England cir. 1675-1685 and died in Bucks Co., PA 1764.
First paper record 1710 when he bought property amd om 1750 when he married
Lydia Doan. Much is written about her but nothing about his background.
They were members of Middletown Monthly Meeting. Trips have been made to
Bucks Co. to research records, research on the internet, emails to other
descendents searching. Some film from Bucks Co., MM have been searched.
> Wills have been read. Henshaw's books have read. Have we missed
anything left to research? We do not believe he was born a Quaker.