QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2008-11 > 1227845709

From: "Leslie Hope" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] GIFFORD
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:15:09 -0800

Sorry, Banks, I don't have anything on Elizabeth Grant. There's quite a long
discussion on a genforum message board about the lack of documentation that
William Gifford and Elizabeth Grant whose marriage record exists in London
are actually the parents of Robert Gifford.

http://genforum.genealogy.com/gifford/messages/176.html

In my line of descent below I left out a generation. Here's how it should
read:

William Gifford/Elizabeth Grant
Robert Gifford/Sarah Wing
Jeremiah Gifford/Mary Wright
Benjamin Gifford/Eunice Beard
Hannah Gifford/William Beeson
Jonathan L. Beeson/Miriam Hinshaw
William Meredith Beeson/Malinda Mason
Lillie Mae Beeson/the Rev.Stephen Davis Horine (my ggrandparents)