QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2009-05 > 1243212194

From: "Howard Swain" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Reynear Williams 1635-1709
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 17:43:14 -0700

Hi Pat,

From: "prswain" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 1:53 PM
Subject: [Q-R] Reynear Williams 1635-1709

> Reynear was born in the Netherlands, migrated to New York where he married Susannah Arent about 1660, and then to Delaware. He was a Quaker and is said to be in records of Duck Creek Meeting. At some point his descendents left the Quakers. He is said to be the grandfather (great grandfather?) of John Williams whose daughter , Maria, born 1804, married Peter Foster Causey in 1825. I have lots of notes mentioning Reynear Williams ( and other names such as Aaron used often), but cannot put together the relationships. Does anyone have information on the descendents of the original Reynear?<

Reynier Willemszen and Susanna Arents had their marr. intentions
10 April 1660 in the New Amsterdam Reformed Dutch Church.
He was born in "Oldenburgerl't" -- I assume Oldenburg.

He had 9 children baptised in the NA/NY RDC between 1661 and 1685.
In 1674 he was living on the south side of Stone St.
between William and Broad Sts.
He and his wife were still living in NYC in 1686 (Selyn's list of RDC members).
He had a son, Reynier, bp. in 1681 who might be the one showing
up in Del.

There may be people on the RootsWeb Dutch-Colonies email list
who know about his descendants. I think this family may have been
discussed on the list in the last few years.

Regards,
Howard

This thread: