QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2009-09 > 1251915231

From: Linda Threadgill <>
Subject: [Q-R] Mckenzie, Phillips, Cantrell, Brimm, Giles, Garrett, Howell,Hutchins, Walker
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:13:51 -0700

Hi,
I'm new to this mailing list. I joined in an attempt to find out if the
surnames mentioned in the subject are connected to the Quaker Church.
All of the families, I think, were living in Rockingham Co., NC sometime
in the mid to late 1700s. I know that Phillips were from Philadelphia.

What all of the surnames have in common is that we have done DNA testing
and know that we all share a common ancestor. Many feel that ancestor
carried the Cantrell surname. Another thing that we have in common is
that Rockingham County is our brick wall. Finding information about
these folks before their living in Rockingham County is very difficult.
We know that most of the families later migrated to SC then to GA and
finally to TN, KY and AR.

I know the information that I have given is very limited, but any
information that might connect all of these families together before and
during their stay in Rockingham Co., NC would be appreciated.

I forgot to mention that all of the surnames do not represent a single
family group. We didn't know each other prior to our doing the DNA
testing. Some of the surnames are distant matches, but Phillips,
Cantrell, Garrett, Giles, Brimm and McKenzie show a connection within
the last 300 years.

Linda

This thread: