QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2011-01 > 1294605299

From: Kimberly Spangrude <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] The Whitaker Bible
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 13:34:59 -0700

Thank you very much for this article; I loved reading it. I lived in Oakley, North Carolina and Asheville, for about 2 years in the 70's and know very well where Fairview is. A very good friend, Marianna Townsend and her family, lived in Fairview. But this article was also very interesting in terms of the history of Quaker Migration; my Townsend and Cock/Cox Quaker ancestors came from England between 1680 and 1712, to Pennsylvania and lived in Chester County. Their descendants lived in North Carolina and migrated eventually to Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and Kansas. Now I live in Utah; so many of the names and places noted in the article have special meaning to me.
Sincerely, Kim Townsend Spangrude