QUAKER-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > QUAKER-ROOTS > 2012-04 > 1334347189

Subject: Re: [Q-R] QUAKER-ROOTS Digest, Vol 7, Issue 72
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 19:59:49 +0000 (UTC)

Dale, I am wondering if your records have any connection
between the Columbia County, PA Mendenhalls and the
John and Elizabeth Titman Lemon?

I know one of their children became a Mendenhall. In fact,
at the Columbia County Historical Society, my cousin went
into the building and said that she was interested in the Lemon
family. The greeter replied, "Oh, yes. Mendenhalls." They really
were not our particular family as we were descended from John
and Elizabeth's son Joseph whose son John Kline married a
Lundy from Lycoming County. That is the Quaker Connection and
what I am interested in are the Catawissa Quaker records which
never seem to be discussed? Do you happen to know if the
Mendenhalls were members of that Monthly Meeting? I am sure
that the Lycoming County Lundys were.
Sincerely,
Cheryl Banks

Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 12:00:43 AM
Subject: QUAKER-ROOTS Digest, Vol 7, Issue 72

Today's Topics:

1. Merryman late 1600's MD (Barbara)
2. Thomas Pirce, Anne Arundel, MD (Barbara)
3. Mendenhall (Dale Harguess)

Message: 1