QUEBEC-HESSIANS-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-HESSIANS > 2003-09 > 1062948950

From: "John Merz" <>
Subject: Re: [Quebec-HESSIANS] Hessen-Hanau soldier Jacob KLAERLE.
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 11:38:05 -0400

Hallo Dominique,

thank you for looking after my query -
were there any witnesses named for the funeral?
Jacob died eight years after his release from the army.
I just can't believe that he lived all alone in Quebec City during
that time with so many women and French-Canadian daughters
living in same town.

You know this is the only link to my own family tree in respect
to Hessians in Quebec, and I would love to find out if he had
descendants in your great Province.

Cheers,
John Merz
(author of 'The Hessians of Quebec', only a few copies left)