QUEBEC-HESSIANS-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-HESSIANS > 2008-06 > 1214412427

From: debbi Z <>
Subject: Re: [QUEBEC-HESSIANS] Andre Berck; BERCK, Johann Andreas
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:47:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Dominique and all,

Some time back in my search for Andre Berck (BERCK, Johann Andreas), you suggested I look at  the Wolfenbüttel archives for military records.  www.staatsarchive.niedersachsen.de

My German is poor.  I have not received anything back yet from the mail.

I was wondering if you (or anyone else) might have any suggestions as to what areas on that website would be a good place to start looking.  I have spent quite a lot of time over the past months without finding anything of use.  To be honest, I really do not know what I am looking to find there.

As an aside, I also have attempted to contact Ludwig’s brother, if it was in fact his obituary I found, but the address was several years old.

I have copies of the info from Merz’s collection they sent me on Andre but I had most of it already from the mailing lists.  I will happily share any new information I find going forward, if any.

Is there any “central” location or collection for Hessian research that gathers and keeps it, as it is discovered?

If anyone else is interested in this family, please let me know!

Thanks,

Debbi