QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2001-07 > 0994160672

From: "John \(Jack\) Leclair" <>
Subject: [Q-R] Locke / Gibeau
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 07:44:32 -0400

A friend is asking for help on this marriage:

"I'm looking for a record of marriage between Charles Locke and Mary
Gibeau ( daughter of Jean Marie/John and Lucy Gibeau ). They were
married in a Protestant ceremony at Thurso ( so we're told ) about
1885. Mary's family lived in Lochabar Twp in the 1871 Census. I was
not able to find any reference to their marriage in either "Mariages
Protestants De L'Outaouais Quebecois - Methodistes & United Church" or
"Mariages Protestants De L'Outaouais Quebecois - Presbyteriens &
Anglicans". It is possible, though not according to family stories,
that they were married in an RC Ceremony."

Jack

This thread: