QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2002-02 > 1012712204

From: "UncleFred" <>
Subject: [Q-R] Fw: Raine/Rain Family
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 23:58:01 -0500

Forwarded....Uncle

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karen Smith" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 9:33 PM
Subject: Raine/Rain Family

> Does anybody have any information on the RAIN / RAINE family of
Lower Canada? I am seeking information on Reverend John Rain (e)--a
Wesleyan Methodist Minister from 1830-1845. He served at Odelltown
Methodist Church, Melbourne Church, Stanstead, Russelltown Circuit.
Also does anyone know what happened to Melbourne Methodist Church and
where it is or was located?
> Also seeking information on
> JAMES RAINE AND ANNA HEWSON
> RICHARD RAINE AND ELIZABETH JACKSON
> WILLIAM WALKER RAINE OR WALKER WILLIAM RAINE
> These RAIN/ RAINE boys were brothers. There father was also RICHARD
RAIN. He died in Montreal in 1820--a stonemason by trade. His wife was
MARY RAIN. I have been desperately trying to find out what happened to
her after her husband's death. I have found no death record for her or
remarriage record either. Can anybody help me? I'd greatly appreciate
it. Sincerely, Karen Smith

This thread: