QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2004-01 > 1074552884

From: "Roxanne Koelpin" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Today in History Jan 19
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:54:44 -0500

Hi all,

I had forgotten that it was Edgar Allan Poe's birthday. I heard a blurb on
the radio that every year someone brings 3 roses and a bottle of cognac on
his grave. this is supposed to be some shadowy, hooded figure. Anyway this
year along with the roses and cognac today, there was a note (I am just
giving a synopsis of the note) that the cognac was left with great
reluctance due to the French being a gainst the war in Iraq. I thought that
was so weird. I had forgotten about this story until this radio story. Of
course I'm surprised that noone has set up cameras or anything to see who
this person or persons are.

Roxanne