QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2005-04 > 1113561695

From: "Louise Regnier" <>
Subject: RE: [Q-R] Winsor Mills and Ste Francoise, PQ
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 06:41:35 -0400

WINDSOR MILLS in Qubec became WINDSOR in 1800. The villages forming Windsor
were St-Georges de Windsor, St-Claude, St-Franois Xavier and St-Grgoire de
Greenlay. Windsor was on the Rivire St-Franois were the Canada Paper inc.
1873 was located and employed hundreds of people.
On the other side of the river is Richmond, Qubec.
source: http://www.letincelle.qc.ca/histoire.htm
Lou