QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2005-06 > 1118602969

Subject: Re: [Q-R] Search for Native American roots
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:02:49 EDT

In a message dated 06/12/2005 12:21:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

> I have finally found something, that may actually be at least a little bit
> possible in my search for native roots. It will probably turn out to be
> wrong, but I need to check

Hi Joe,

It might be better for you to work your way up from yourself, through
grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. to see if you have any Amerindian ancestry.

Trying to connect yourself to pioneers of certain families without knowing if
you are indeed descended from them will cause you much frustration.

Just trying to be helpful, not critical.

Regards,
Linnie

This thread: