QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2006-08 > 1154441236

From: "Libby Quanstrom" <>
Subject: Re: Re: [Q-R] David m. Morneau
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:07:16 -0400

Merci Lorie -- boule de gomme et mystere!! Because I also find in the PRDH that the daughter Marie Josephe of Joseph and Marie Moineau married the wrong person in the wrong place.

Here is what I have on them from the Red Drouin. It is confusing because I
found another Joseph David married to a Marie MOINEAU, not the same
parents as the PRDH shows. The David are related it needs to be determined if we want MOINEAU or MORNEAU and whether we descend from Claude or Guillamue. I think it is Morneau and descendant of Claude David.
Blaise-Didier DAVID married Flavie MOREL. They were from Notre-Dame de
Bracquemont, dioc. de Rouen, Normandie, France

Claude DAVID married Suzanne DE NOYON in 1649, no location. She was the
daughter of Jean DE NOYON & Jeanne Franchart (cf Denis Beauregard).

Joseph DAVID married Marie MORNEAU, no date or location. Her parents are
Jean MORNEAU & Genevieve TRUD or TRUDE( the E was crossed out in the
Red Drouin).
At CGFA (http://www.genealogie.org) Joseph DAVID( Jacques DAVID & Catherine LUSSIER)
married to Marie MOINEAU( Michel Jean-Baptiste MOINEAU-LALIBERTE & Marie
JODOIN) at Boucherville, QC January 7, 1717

Jacques DAVID (Guillaume DAVID & Marie ARNAULT-ARMAND) m. Catherine LUSSIER
at Boucherville QC, Oct. 11, 1690

Guillaume DAVID( Blaise-Didier DAVID & Flavie MOREL) m. Marie ARNAULT-ARMAND
abt. 1656, Trois-Rivieres, QC

Jacques DAVID and Catherine LUSSIER also had a daughter Marie-Josephe
born 17 march 1702 at Boucherville QC. She married Pierre DAGENAIS (Pierre
DAGENAIS & Marie DROUET-GRANDMAISON) at Boucherville, QC, May 4, 1722. PRDH # 3999 (mother herein is as Deroy but this is error)

So you see Lorie, it is so confused! I truly appreciate your input but am afraid it adds to the boule de gomme as it were. This line has been very twisted and distorted. Perhaps I will have to order this document that you provide, from the Archive of Quebec.

I have found researchers of the David who indicate both marriages and their proper ascendance it is just that the branch from Claude and Suzanne is very broken in Quebec and thus causes the confusion. NEED SOME HISTORY HERE

BTW I found that Catherine Tournois was the mother-in-law of Joseph David and mother of Madeleine Gautier --- widow of Andre Gautier.

Remerci-- if you or anyone can assist further in the clarifications I am endebted.

Libby
Descendants of Blaise David

1 Blaise David

. +Flavie Morel

... 2 Guillaume David

....... +Marie Armand m: Abt. 1657 in FRANCE

......... 3 Jacques David

............. +Catherine Lussier m: 11 Oct 1690 in Boucherville, Quebec Father: Jacques Lussier Mother: Catherine Clerice

... 2 Claude David b: Abt. 1621

....... +Suzanne Denoyon b: Abt. 1626 in France m: 19 Aug 1647 in Trois Rivieres, Quebec

......... 3 Joseph David

............. +Marie Morneau

... 2 Jacques David Pontife b: Abt. 1631 in Matelot Calfat, FRANCE

....... +Marie Grandin b: Abt. 1646 Father: Claude Grandin Mother: Jeanne Toussaint

......... 3 Jeanne David

............. +Germain Gagnon b: 01 Sep 1653 in Quebec, Quebec d: 23 Nov 1708 in Chateau Richer, Quebec m: 27 Jul 1688 in Chateau Richer, Quebec Father: Jean Gagnon Mother: Marguerite Cochon

......... 3 Jean David b: 12 Oct 1665 in Chateau-Richer, Quebec d: 08 Apr 1703 in Chateau-Richer, Quebec

............. +Marie-Anne Provost b: Abt. 1674 in Beauport, Quebec m: 04 Nov 1692 in Chateau Richer, Quebec Father: Louis Prevost Provost Mother: Francoise Gagnon