QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2007-01 > 1169226047

From: Sylvie Brucher <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Texas weather
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:00:47 -0500

Hi Grant,

I agree with you that one needs to get all the data, and not select a
part only, or this will give a slanted view of the whole question.

I've done some research about the weather some time ago, and did come
across interesting papers to read. I'm about to leave for Toronto, but
when I return, I can send you some links (and to anyone interested too)
that are on my computer at home. If you have time to read, a good start :

http://www.research.noaa.gov/climate/
http://wcrp.wmo.int/ClimateChange_index.html
http://www.msc-smc.ec.gc.ca/crb/home_e.cfm

Having been in research (biochemistry and ecotoxicology), I know it
would be foolish to think we have all the data to explain everything.
Research takes time and resources. And when someone discovers something,
there is likely someone somewhere who will find the exact opposite
results... The findings is all relative to where you look, and how you
look - everything is based upon the setup to take the measurements, and
consider all the related variables. Frustrating? Yeah! Especially in
today's world where we want an answer (better be the good one!) right
away! ;-)

Let me know what you think of the readings as I haven't had a chance to
read everything. It may explain why in my mother's time, snow storms
would last a week, and they'd have to dig tunnels to the barn to feed
the animals - and this was in Bellechasse, Quebec! Not Alaska!

Cheers!
Sylvie