QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2007-01 > 1169232227

From: "E" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Texas weather
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:47:59 -0500

Before opening an analytical lab I spent a 10 years as a research Scientist for a local firm. Of the ten years greater then 60 % of my time was spent on analyzing data. There is an old story. Figure do not lie but people can figure. What happens is a lot of people select the information that makes them or their project look good. They need outside support without the outside support they have no job. Often it just means a better look, more data, better interpretation. I have seen a lot of good data wasted and a lot of bad data made to look like cream, All that was needed was the proper interpretation. That was my job. Sorry. I am now quite. I am going back to bed. Grant