QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2007-01 > 1169237146

From: "Madeleine English" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Texas weather
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:05:46 -0800

OHhhhhhhhh -- I understand about pain. Agree with Alice, sorry you're
hurting.

Thank you for the "interpretation of data". I watched Gore's "An
Inconvenient
Truth" also. It's an interesting point of view. -- But I too, wonder about
normal
cycles - don't necessarily want to accept everything put in front of me as
factual.
You can say that something is "factual" because you read it in a book --
that in
and of itself doesn't mean its accurate and also suggests to me
being vulnerable
to manipulation - to being "led by the nose", so to speak.

We should always consider information provided us but still look for more
pros
and cons data before before making up our minds ourselves. We also need to
consider the creditability of the source! I have a mind of my own! We
need to think
and make decisions for ourselves - hopefully based on accurate/valid
input. Same
as what we look for in making decisions on how to vote (I can only hope) !

Problem with this area is that there isn't a "lot" of real data out there.
Most of
what I've seen has been one-sided. I hear a lot of "personal opinion"
arguments
both ways, but not much that's supported by valid research. Going to check
out
the information Sylvie provided. (THANK YOU SYLVIE!)